drill-dev mailing list archives

From Charles Givre <cgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MySQL Storage Plugin Error
Date Wed, 02 Aug 2017 13:06:49 GMT
All,
I think we should open a JIRA about this.  Basically, the error messages when you add or modify
a storage plugin make it difficult to locate the problem.  I encountered the same issue recently
when trying to connect to MySQL and it turned out the error was that the user account that
I was using was not configured correctly—on the MySQL side. However, the error I was getting
suggested that the JSON was malformed.  Bottom line, this is another area where we really
should work on using more helpful error messages.

Perhaps we could use something like https://sourceforge.net/projects/codepress/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/codepress/>
or https://sourceforge.net/projects/editarea/ <https://sourceforge.net/projects/editarea/>
instead of the blank textarea, as this would help with syntax errors.
—C