drill-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Why rules from all plugins contribute into optimizing any type of query ?
Date Sun, 02 Jul 2017 16:41:28 GMT
I wrote a plugin for a custom JDBC datasource. This plugin registers a
couple of rules.

When I ran an SQL query that uses parquet files, I found that a rule of my
JDBC plugin was invoked to optimize the query !

I believe this is a mistake. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm saying this is a mistake because a rule registered by a plugin that
utilizes a specific datasource should only be concerned about queries
executed by that plugin.

Query optimizations for a JDBC datasource won't probably work for queries
targeted for parquet files !

What do you think ?

Gelbana