drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.11.0 release
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:27:10 GMT
Re DRILL-5634:
>From the Apache commons web page [1] -

Please note that Apache Commons Crypto doesn't implement the cryptographic
algorithm such as AES directly.* It wraps to Openssl or JCE which implement
the algorithms.*

Since we are cleared for using Openssl and JCE, we are OK to include the
AES code in the UDFs.

Parth

[1] https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-crypto/

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Arina Yelchiyeva <
arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com> wrote:

> During today hangouts we agreed on approximate cut-off date - 14 July, 2017
> (date may be shifted due to the blockers).
> I'll start preparing test RC on Thursday to solve any release preparation
> issues beforehand.
>
> *Blockers*
> DRILL-5660 - Vitalii
>
> *Possible blockers*
> DRILL-5468 - Jinfeng
> NPE on CSV source - Paul
> DRILL-5659 - Parth
>
> *Will be included if done before the cut-off date*
> DRILL-5616 / DRILL-5665 - Boaz
> DRILL-5634 - Parth will take a look at Apache commons implementation and
> update.
>
> Kind regards
> Arina
>
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 3:14 PM, Charles Givre <cgivre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Arina,
> > I can’t make the hangout, but we have a few options.  Basically, since
> all
> > the hashing algorithms have no export restrictions, we could:
> > 1.  Remove the AES encrypt/decrypt until I can figure out what we have to
> > do (and do it)
> > 2.  I can try to research it today or tomorrow to figure out exactly what
> > we have to do to include AES.
> > 3.  Remove the entire package
> >
> > I’d like to see the hashing functions at least included because we’ve had
> > a lot of requests for that functionality.   I also don’t want this to
> hold
> > things up, so please let me know your preference.  Regardless, I’m going
> > start trying to figure out the restrictions so we’ll know for the future.
> >
> > Best,
> > — C
> >

> > > On Jul 11, 2017, at 05:58, Arina Yelchiyeva <
> arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > @Jinfeng,
> > > Let's discuss today on Drill hangout final cut-off date.
> > >
> > > @Charles
> > > Since there were questions about AES in DRILL-5634, should we exclude
> it
> > > from the candidates for 1.11.0 release?
> > >
> > > @Boaz
> > > Do we have any ETA when DRILL-5616 and DRILL-5665 will pass code
> review?
> > >
> > > Also I believe we should include DRILL-5660 where we need to bump up
> > > parquet metadata version.
> > > @Vitalii
> > > Do you have any ETA for the fix?
> > >
> > > Kind regards