drill-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [HANGOUT] Minutes for 7/11/17
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 18:23:13 GMT
Apache Drill Hangout - 2017-07-11

Attendees - Aman, Boaz, Kunal, Pritesh, Paul, Parth, Arina, Jinfeng, Nate,
Peachy, Roman, Vitali, Vova, Rob

1) 1.11.0 Release

 a)Arina to do a prebuild release by Thurday. Cutoff for Friday provided
the following show stoppers are addressed :
   DRILL-5660 - Vitali's metadata fix needs a metadata version change.
   DRILL-5468 - Performance regression in tpch-18 since a Calcite master
merge. Jinfeng is investigating.
   DRILL-5659 - Rob pointed out that the C++ client APIs are unstable.
getColumns returns unable to decode. Occurs since sasl encryption was
added. Parth to investigate.
   No Jira yet. New issue with an NPE during performance testing. Paul

  b) Other Items
     DRILL-5616, DRILL-5665 (from Boaz)  - Paul to review.
     DRILL-5634 - (from Charles) Parth to confirm if we can include AES.
Depends on apache-commons.

  c) The following are deferred to 1.12.0

2) John Omernik's REST API authentication question -
   We need a design of the REST APIs. We're looking at implementing SPNEGO,
can maybe take a look at a shorter term solution as part of that.

3) Apache Drill twitter - need the dev team to engage on twitter. Pritesh
will try to work on getting folks more engaged.

4) Pritesh has a new dashboard in Apache Jira that gives a nice overview of
issues in progress. Pritesh will post on the dev list.

Thanks everyone for attending.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 10:00 AM, Parth Chandra <parthc@apache.org> wrote:

> Starting now ..
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Parth Chandra <parthc@apache.org> wrote:
>> We'll have the hangout tomorrow at the usual time. Any topics people want
>> discussed?

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message