drill-dev mailing list archives

From Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Drill 1.11.0 release
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 09:58:46 GMT
@Jinfeng,
Let's discuss today on Drill hangout final cut-off date.

@Charles
Since there were questions about AES in DRILL-5634, should we exclude it
from the candidates for 1.11.0 release?

@Boaz
Do we have any ETA when DRILL-5616 and DRILL-5665 will pass code review?

Also I believe we should include DRILL-5660 where we need to bump up
parquet metadata version.
@Vitalii
Do you have any ETA for the fix?

Kind regards
Arina

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 6:02 AM, Boaz Ben-Zvi <bben-zvi@mapr.com> wrote:

> [...]
>     >>> you
>     >>>> have any ETA for the PR?
>     >>>>
>     >>>> @Paul / Parth
>     >>>> I see there is active CR for pcap format PR, do we want to
> include it
>     >> in
>     >>>> this release as well?
>     >>>>
>     >>>> Kind regards
>     >>>> Arina
>     >>>>
>     >>>>
>     >>>> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:05 AM, Arina Yelchiyeva <
>     >>>> arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com> wrote:
>     >>>>
>     >>>>> Parth, thanks a lot the instructions.
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 8:24 PM, Parth Chandra <
> parthc@apache.org>
>     >>>> wrote:
>     >>>>>
>     >>>>>> FWIW, I put release instructions culled from gists written
by
>     >> previous
>     >>>>>> release managers into an updated gist here [1]
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> HTH
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> Parth
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> [1] https://github.com/parthchandra/drill/wiki/Drill-
>     >> Release-Process
>     >>>>>> <https://github.com/parthchandra/drill/wiki/Drill-
> Release-Process>
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Paul Rogers <progers@mapr.com>
>     >>> wrote:
>     >>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> Hi Arina,
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> I have two projects in progress: one is a candidate
for 1.11,
> the
>     >>>> other
>     >>>>>> is
>     >>>>>>> not.
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> The “managed external sort” is the good candidate
for 1.11:
> The PR
>     >>> for
>     >>>>>>> DRILL-5601 is being reviewed. Getting that in will allow
us to
>     >>> enable
>     >>>>>> the
>     >>>>>>> “new” external sort by default.
>     >>>>>>>
>     >>>>>>> The other project is to address Drill’s memory fragmentation
> issue
>     >>>> with
>     >>>>>>> vectors over 16 MB in size. Two PRs have been open for
a while.
>     >> They
>     >>>> are
>     >>>>>>> the first of several. Each takes a while to review.
So, the