drill-dev mailing list archives

From Padma Penumarthy <ppenumar...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: [HANGOUT] Topics for 7/25/17
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 04:41:43 GMT
I have a topic to discuss. Lot of folks on the user mailing list raised
the issue of not being able to access all S3 regions using Drill.
We need hadoop version 2.8 or higher to be able to connect to
regions which support only Version 4 signature.
I tried with 2.8.1, which just got released and it works i.e. I am able to
connect to both old and new regions (by specifying the endpoint in the config).
There are some failures in unit tests, which can be fixed.

Fixing S3 connectivity issues is important.
However, the hadoop release notes for 2.8.1 (and 2.8.0 as well) say the following:
"Please note that 2.8.x release line continues to be not yet ready for production use”.

So, should we or not move to 2.8.1 ?

Thanks,
Padma

On Jul 24, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Arina Yelchiyeva <arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com<mailto:arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com>>