drill-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Little <rlit...@inetco.com>
Subject Re: Re: Native C++ Drill client handshake recovery
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 20:43:55 GMT
Hi Parth,
Likewise, sorry for my tardy response:

>    Sorry for the late response.
>    For the commented out code, looks like it is wrong. I think we should
> check to see if m_pError is not null in all cases and return error if it is
> set to something.

I have tried this block added back in and it seems to do what I need.
I can do a patch if you like. What is the preferred format? git patch?

> Regarding the other issue with a paused VM, I'm not sure what your VM
> setup is.  Do you have the drillbit running on the paused VM? If you do
> then you shouldn't be getting a heartbeat response. If the drill bit is not
> on the same VM, then I'm not sure how things are set up for you. Can you
> explain?

I have two VMs in my configuration. One VM contains the application and
the JAVA Drill process.
The HDFS backend is on another VM and I am suspending this.
If I submit a query that involves inserting records into an Impala DB on
the HDFS backend, then as far as I can tell, the query never times out.
Since the application can communicate with the Drill process, the
processing of the heartbeat PONG response ensures that the query timeout
never triggers.

So I have set up my application using the async SubmitQuery() and I'm
waiting on my own timer and an Event that the query callback pings when
it is done.
That all works great, but I cannot find an application member to cancel
a pending query that I've given up waiting for a response from.

Is there a method for cancelling pending queries other than returning an
error from the callback (which won't work unless I actually get a
callback)? :)

Cheers,
Ralph