drill-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Is it possible to delegate data joins and filtering to the datasource ?
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:20:23 GMT
I'm trying to use Drill with a proprietary datasource that is very fast in
applying data joins (i.e. SQL joins) and query filters (i.e. SQL where
conditions).

To connect to that datasource, I first have to write a storage plugin, but
I'm not sure if my main goal is applicable.

May main goal is to configure Drill to let the datasource perform JOINS and
filters and only return the data. Then drill can perform further processing
based on the original SQL query sent to Drill.

Is this possible by developing a storage plugin ? Where exactly should I be
looking ?

I've been going through this wiki
<https://github.com/paul-rogers/drill/wiki> and I don't think I understood
every concept. So if there is another source of information about storage
plugins development, please point it out.

*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana