drill-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to delegate data joins and filtering to the datasource ?
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 16:07:45 GMT
​Thanks a lot Weijie, I believe I'm very close now. I hope you don't mind
few more questions please:

   1. The new rule you are mentioning is a physical rule ? So I should
   implement the Prel interface ?
   2. By "traversing the join to find the ScanRel"
      - This sounds like I have to "search" for something. Shouldn't I just
      work on transforming the left (i.e. DrillJoinRel's getLeft() method) and
      right (i.e. DrillJoinRel's getLeft() method) join objects ?
      - The "left" and "right" elements of the DrillJoinRel object are of
      type RelSubset, not *ScanRel* and I can't find a type called *ScanRel*.
      I suppose you meant *ScanPrel*, specially because it implements the
      *Prel* interface that provides the *getPhysicalOperator* method.
   3. What if multiple physical or logical rules match for a single node,
   what decides which rule will be applied and which will be rejected ? Is it
   the *AbstractRelNode.computeSelfCost(RelOptPlanner)* method ? What if
   more than one rule produces the same cost ?

I'll go ahead and see what I can do for now before hopefully you may offer
more guidance. THANKS A LOT.

*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana