drill-dev mailing list archives

From Zelaine Fong <zf...@mapr.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to delegate data joins and filtering to the datasource ?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:14:54 GMT
The JDBC storage plugin does attempt to do pushdowns of joins.  However, the Drill optimizer
will evaluate different query plans.  In doing so, it may choose an alternative plan that
does not do a full pushdown if it believes that’s a less costly plan than a full pushdown.
 There are a number of open bugs with the JDBC storage plugin, including DRILL-4696.  For
that particular issue, I believe that when it was investigated, it was determined that the
costing model for the JDBC storage plugin needed more work.  Hence Drill wasn’t picking
the more optimal full pushdown plan.

-- Zelaine