drill-dev mailing list archives

From Muhammad Gelbana <m.gelb...@gmail.com>
Subject Where can I find enough information to help me fix these issues ?
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 12:30:32 GMT
Everyone,

I'm facing 2 issues with Apache Drill:

   - DRILL-5197 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5197>
   - DRILL-5193 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5193>

And it's urgent for me to have them fixed so I tried fixing them myself. I
cloned this repository <https://github.com/apache/drill.git> and
successfully built the project using maven (i.e. mvn clean package)

Now I can't decide were or how to start ! If I attempt to open a class I
found in a thrown exception, I find multiple copies of the same .java file !

   - So how can I decide which one I should edit ?
   - In some classes, I found this syntax "*<#if entry.hiveType ==
   "BOOLEAN">*" what is this syntax and what is it for ?!
   - Is there a document or a set of documents that would answer
   development questions so I can easily start contributing if I can ?

*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana