drill-dev mailing list archives

From Khurram Faraaz <kfar...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Query JSON that has null as value for each key
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2016 18:49:31 GMT
I dont think it is by design. Some one from dev please confirm.

That is because having several columns in a CSV and each column has a null
value, select * on such CSV returns null for each column. Why is it that
JSON is treated differently ?

0: jdbc:drill:schema=dfs.tmp> select * from `r1.csv`;
|                                     columns

["null","null","null","null","null","null","null","null","null","null","null"]

1 row selected (0.318 seconds)