drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.9.0 RC1
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2016 17:39:22 GMT
It sounds like the issue is constrained only to JDBC then, despite my
previous concerns. It also isn't a regression. As such, I guess it it
shouldn't really be a blocker to the release. When I first saw the trace, I
thought it was related to the new parallelization changes and was a
regression.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 9:28 AM, Sudheesh Katkam <skatkam@maprtech.com>
wrote:

> Venki, could you please take a look, since you are most familiar with that
> piece of code? Or anyone else wants to take a look?
>
> The issue can be reproduced with a simple unit test. In
> TestJdbcPluginWithDerbyIT, add this test. and then run “mvn install” in the
> storage-jdbc sub-project.
>
> @Test // DRILL-4984
> public void limit0() throws Exception {
>         testNoResult("SELECT * FROM derby.DRILL_DERBY_TEST.PERSON LIMIT
> 0");
> }
>
> In the ticket, Hogler suggested “adding a check for null in
> FindHardDistributionScans.java @line 55 before calling getDrillTable()”.
> But that check may not be sufficient (I could be wrong) because the check
> does not imply if “contains” should be set to true/false. The call to
> unwrap() returns a different type of table (not DrillTable or
> DrillTranslatableTable), and that may need to be investigated.
>
> Thank you,
> Sudheesh
>
> > On Nov 17, 2016, at 10:09 PM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com> wrote:
> >
> > It might make sense for someone to look at this jira before rolling
> another
> > release: DRILL-4984
> >
> > The stacktrace looks like it might be an issue with the new hard
> > parallelization algorithm which could potentially influence all sources.
> It
> > might not have shown up in traditional regression tests if those always
> > have source/drillbit affinity (just a random guess).
> >
> > --
> > Jacques Nadeau
> > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Sudheesh Katkam <skatkam@maprtech.com
> <mailto:skatkam@maprtech.com>>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I had not noticed that Gautam mentioned about a potential bug. That is a
> >> -1 from me on the proposed candidate; the bug is a regression in
> behavior.
> >> I did not push the release artifacts until now, and the announcement is
> not
> >> out.
> >>
> >> The issue is that the query profile is not displayed past the point of
> >> failure (trying to show a changed string option). So I will propose
> another
> >> candidate once this issue is fixed [1, 2].
> >>
> >> In the mean time, please test the candidate for other regressions.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >> Sudheesh
> >>
> >> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5047 <
> >> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5047 <
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-5047>>
> >> [2] https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/655 <
> https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/655> <https://github.com/apache/ <
> https://github.com/apache/>
> >> drill/pull/655>

> >> propagated. Thanks to everyone involved!

> Tested

for DRILL-4974.

files.

Shi

tests. All passes
parquet and native reader

challapalli

source
Advanced tests [2].
> tables
developed prior to Drill-1.0
running queries

Sudheesh Katkam

PM PT; please vote!

binding votes.

AM, Dechang Gu

6:13 PM, Aman Sinha

on my mac, verified README,
including CTAS against TPC-H data.
a few queries.
query profiles.
on my Linux VM, did a build and ran
> unit
on repositories.apache.org

at 12:27 PM, Khurram Faraaz

without unit tests.
on a cluster.
SQL queries (like aggregation, joins,

2016 at 7:48 AM, Sudheesh Katkam

to propose the second release candidate
> (RC1)
Thanks to everyone who contributed to
> this

RC0, this release candidate does not
> contain
(DRILL-5034).
candidate covers a total of 73 resolved
artifacts are hosted at [2], and the maven
candidate is based on commit
> [4].
are signed with the key at [5].

at 6:30 PM PT, November 16th, 2016.