drill-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.9 Release?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 05:23:36 GMT
For release numbers, 1.10 (then 1.11, 1.12, …) seems like a good idea.

At first it may seem odd to go to 1.10 from 1.9. Might people get confused between 1.10 and
1.1.0? But, there is precedence. Tomcat’s latest 7-series release is 7.0.72. Java is on
8u112. And so on.

I like the idea of moving to 2.0 later when the team introduces a major change, rather than
by default just because the numbers roll around. For example, Hadoop when to 2.x when YARN
was introduced. Impala appears to have moved to 2.0 when they added Spill to disk for some
(all?) operators.

- Paul