drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <ja...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Jason's operator test framework?
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2016 17:27:38 GMT
Hey Paul,

I included basic tests for a good portion of the operators with the
framework itself. You can check out this class [1] for the examples. Feel
free to send along any questions.

A known limitation:
- There is no way to currently declare assertions about where the outgoing
batch boundaries are expected to occur, it currently concatenates all of
the outgoing batches together before comparing them to a single result set.
This includes dereferencing selection vectors that are produced by the
filter operator (selection vector 2, which is a bitmask over a single batch
to represent valid records that matched the filter) and the sort operator
(selection vector 4, which is a pointer sort reordering over many batches
that has not yet been rewritten)

[1] -
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/test/java/org/apache/drill/exec/physical/unit/BasicPhysicalOpUnitTest.java

Jason Altekruse