drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <pchan...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.9 Release?
Date Sat, 29 Oct 2016 00:14:38 GMT
+1 on doing a release.

I'm hoping the following get a +1 :

DRILL-4800 - Improve parquet reader performance
DRILL-3423 - Add New HTTPD format plugin
DRILL-4858 - REPEATED_COUNT on JSON containing an array of maps

Specifically what did you want to discuss about the release number after
1.9?  Ordinarily you would just go to 2.0. The only reason for holding off
on 2.0, that I can think of, is if you want to make breaking changes in the
2.0 release and those are not going to be ready for the next release cycle.
Are any dev's planning on such breaking changes? If so we should discuss
that (or any other reason we might have for deferring 2.0) in a separate
thread?
I'm +0 on any version number we chose.