drill-dev mailing list archives

From Shadi Khalifa <khal...@cs.queensu.ca>
Subject Re: [HANGOUT] Topics for 10/04/16
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 04:26:06 GMT
Hi,
I have been working on integrating WEKA into Drill to support building and scoring classification
models. I have been successful in supporting all WEKA classifiers and making them run in a
distributed fashion over Drill 1.2. The classifier accuracy is not affected by running in
a distributed fashion and the training and scoring times are getting a huge boost using Drill.
A paper on this has been published in the IEEE symposium on Big Data in June 2016 [available: http://cs.queensu.ca/~khalifa/qdrill/QDrill_20160212IEEE_CameraReady.pdf]
and we are now in the process of publishing another paper in which QDrill supports all WEKA
algorithms. FYI, this can be easily extended to support clustering and other types of WEKA
algorithms. The architecture also allows supporting other data mining libraries.
The QDrill project website is  http://cs.queensu.ca/~khalifa/qdrill, the project downloadable
version on it is little bit old but I'm planning to upload a more updated stable version within
the next 10 days. I'm also using an SVN repository and planning to move the project to GitHub
to make it easier to get the latest Drill versions and to may be integrate with Drill at some
point.
Unfortunately, I have another meeting tomorrow at the same time of the hangout, but I would
love to know your opinion and to discuss the process of evaluating this extension and may
be integrating it with Drill at some point.
Regards
Shadi KhalifaPhD CandidateSchool of Computing Queen's University Canada
I'm just a neuron in the society collective brain

01001001 00100000 01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100000 01000101 01100111 01111001
01110000 01110100
P Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this e-mail