drill-dev mailing list archives

From Sudheesh Katkam <skat...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: DRILL JDBC Driver setFetchSize
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 16:05:06 GMT
Hi Sudip,

fetchSize is number of records to fetch per network call from the server (to populate a ResultSet),
not the same as LIMIT clause. See [1].

Currently, the client does not advertise this to the server, and the server does not have
this capability.

Thank you,
Sudheesh

[1] https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setFetchSize(int) <https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Statement.html#setFetchSize(int)>

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 11:48 PM, Sudip Mukherjee <smukherjee@commvault.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Should the setFetchSize work similar to applying LIMIT clause with drill JDBC driver?
I've set setFetchSize to java<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=java&project=11.0-win>.sql<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=sql&project=11.0-win>.Statement<http://ncvs.commvault.com/source/s?defs=Statement&project=11.0-win>
but the query still gets records beyond the fetchSIze.