drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <ja...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: The project says it has dozens of committers
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 22:42:13 GMT
I believe the page you are referring to is our "Team" page available here
[1]. The page does not say we have dozens of comitters, it says
contributors, who we currently don't credit on this page, but whose
contributions are tracked through JIRA and git. If you look at the github
mirror of our repo you can see that there are 65 contributors according to
Github's accounting, but I'm pretty sure that only tracks commits
associated with e-mail that have connected Github accounts. For quite a
while we used patch files, so there is a good chance that we received
contributions from a few users without github accounts.

This page should be updated to include Cloudera on the list of contributing
organizations, as several members of the Kudu team including Todd Lipcon
helped contribute an experimental Kudu reader.

[1] - https://drill.apache.org/team/

Jason Altekruse
Software Engineer at Dremio
Apache Drill Committer