drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.8.0 - rc0
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2016 20:10:54 GMT
I am changing my vote to a  -1  based on some performance results that
Dechang has obtained for metadata caching.
These are new tests with about 50K files spread over 5K directories that
are showing regression when used with certain types of views containing
SELECT *.
I have asked DC to file a JIRA.   I will investigate the performance issue.

-Aman

On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Abhishek Girish <abhishek.girish@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Just some confirmation required on a minor issue - I get the following for
> version (see blank fields). Is this expected?
>
> > select * from sys.version;
>
> *+----------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-
> -------------+-------------+*
> *| **version ** | **commit_id ** | **commit_message ** | **commit_time *
> * | **build_email ** | **build_time *
> * |*
> *+----------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-
> -------------+-------------+*
> *| *1.8.0   * | *Unknown   * | *               * | *            * |
> *Unknown
>    * | *
> * |*
> *+----------+------------+-----------------+--------------+-
> -------------+-------------+*
>
> 1 row selected (0.448 seconds)
> I built from source using [2] with mapr profile.
>
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Chunhui Shi <cshi@maprtech.com> wrote:
>
> > +1
> >
> > Built from source zip file with unit test all passed on Linux
> > Randomly verified DRILL-4825
> >

> > On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 3:52 AM, Arina Yelchiyeva <
> > arina.yelchiyeva@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > +1 (non-binding)
> > > On Windows built from source, ran in embedded mode.
> > > Installed on cluster.
> > > Checked some new features and run some basic queries.
> > >
> > > On Fri, Aug 12, 2016 at 2:48 AM, Padma Penumarthy <
> > > ppenumarthy@maprtech.com>

> > > profiles

> jinfengni99@gmail.com>

of Apache