drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WIP for prepared statement/metadata querying in C++ native client
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 01:30:39 GMT
I would think that the Java client would be sufficient for experimentation.
But what I'm looking for is an actual proposal for the backend changes. If
we don't have one (not sure if there is a JIRA open for it), then we should
start that now.
Otherwise I'm afraid we will end up with a bunch of large amount of code
that is not used. In particular, for the C++ client, I would like to avoid
that.