drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.7 release
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 03:53:26 GMT
For the fixes that were committed in the last few days, could the
committers close the pull requests and update the JIRAs with 'Fixed' status
for 1.7.

For the remaining JIRAs mentioned in this thread, here are the status:

1. DRILL-4525 (BETWEEN clause on Date and Timestamp):  the right place to
fix this would be an enhancement in Calcite.  In the meantime, a workaround
is to do explicit CASTing as suggested in the JIRA.
2. DRILL-4653 (Skip malformed JSON):  mostly reviewed but needs some more
review/testing.
3. DRILL-4704 (Decimal type):  unit test being added.  needs review.
4. DRILL-4574 (Avro):  Rebased but unit tests failing for some other
reason.

I would like to finalize the content by EOD tomorrow.  Clearly, 1 has been
pushed out of 1.7 and I think it  would be quite a stretch to get the rest
in, so I would be in favor of pushing 2, 3, 4 into the next release.
However, since all 3 have good momentum going right now, let's try to get
the pending issues resolved soon.

Thanks !
Aman