drill-dev mailing list archives

From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject OOM : Direct buffer memory
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 22:45:56 GMT
Drillers,

I was executing 20 queries using 10 concurrent clients on an 8 node
cluster. First 10 queries succeed and the remaining 10 queries fail with
"ChannelClosedException". The logs suggested that all the fragments running
on one node hit an "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory". 2
questions here.
   1. Can someone explain why we are even seeing this error. Shouldn't the
allocator detect this condition upfront?
   2. Why did all the fragments fail. Where did the memory go?

- Rahul