drill-dev mailing list archives

From Yijie Shen <henry.yijies...@gmail.com>
Subject How are Vectorization and Columnar execution implemented in Drill
Date Thu, 19 May 2016 03:34:27 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm new to Drill and find
"Drill also provides an execution layer that performs SQL processing
directly on columnar data without row materialization" and "vectorization
in Drill allows the CPU to operate on vectors" on
https://drill.apache.org/architecture/ page.

I'm really curious about how these are implemented in Drill, after some
search in the current code base, I could only find parquet files could be
read in as vectors, how are these vectors handled then in `vectorized`
manner? Could someone nicely point out where I can find more
information/code on this?

Thanks in advance.

Yijie