drill-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Wild <dwild...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting Schema Metadata from RDBMS JDBC Plugin
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 15:46:59 GMT
Hi,

I'm attempting to add a JDBC plugin for a proprietary RDBMS, but it appears
Drill is unable to pull any schema information.  For example, I am able to
successfully run a query such as "SELECT * FROM <table>", but if I run "SELECT
<col> FROM <table>", I receive an error: "VALIDATION ERROR: From line 1,
column 27 to line 1, column 33: Column '<col>' not found in any table".
Moreover, If I run “select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.SCHEMATA”, my plugin
does not show up at all.

I’m therefore fairly certain that Drill is unable to obtain table metadata
from the JDBC driver.  Do you know what method must be implemented in the
JDBC driver for Drill to obtain this information?

Thanks,

Dan