drill-dev mailing list archives

From "Fayaz Basha. Shaik" <FayazBasha.Sh...@trianz.com>
Subject Storing the output from the query
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2016 12:14:52 GMT
Hi Team,

Is it possible to store the output of the query from Drill ? like any import option?

Need: I would like to get the strings in double quotes.

I used the following configuration and steps:
Configuration:
"csv": {
      "type": "text",
      "extensions": [
        "csv"
      ],
      "quote": "\u0000",
      "delimiter": ","
    },

use dfs.tmp;

alter session set `store.format`='csv';

create table dfs.tmp.mytab as select cast(tb1.id as varchar(4)), flatten(tb1.batters.batter)
FROM dfs.`C:\Users\Desktop\Drill\donuts.json` as tb1;

The output in the file is looking as
EXPR$0|EXPR$1
0001|{"id":"1001","type":"Regular"}
0001|{"id":"1002","type":"Chocolate"}

I would like to get it as
"0001"|"{"id":"1001","type":"Regular"}"
"0001"|"{"id":"1002","type":"Chocolate"}"

Basically, the output of string columns should be represented in double quotes. Is there any
configuration option available for the same?

Regards,
Fayaz