drill-dev mailing list archives

From François Méthot <fmetho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Permission denied for queries on individual file.
Date Wed, 27 Apr 2016 19:24:44 GMT
Has anyone experienced the same issue?  We are Using HDFS managed by
Cloudera Manager.

A simple upgrade to 1.6 caused queries done directly on individual files to
fail with "Permission denied: user=drill, access=EXECUTE" error.
Also, Using filter with "dir0" file structure also causes the issue to
happen.
   ex: select col1 from hdfs.`/datasrc/` where dir0>= 1234567;

We ended up giving "execute" access to all the data file.

We would really like to know if this is the intend to have drill to expect
execute access permission on data files.

Thanks