drill-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Rogers <prog...@maprtech.com>
Subject Including Drill and Hadoop jars in the same program
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 01:04:01 GMT
Hi All,

Here’s an obscure question for the expert developers…

We’re developing the YARN Application Master (AM) for Drill. We’d like to monitor Drill’s
ZooKeeper (ZK) Drill-bit registrations. Since the ZK entries are in Protobuf format, and Drill
already has classes do to the monitoring, the logical solution is just to use the Drill code
in the AM.

The problem is, the dependencies (such as Guava version) for Drill differ from those of Hadoop.
Simply including Drill and YARN libraries in the same build trigger runtime failures due to
Guava version incompatibilities.

One solution is to create a custom class loader for the Drill classes, but that introduces
a different set of complexities.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

- Paul