drill-dev mailing list archives

From Abdel Hakim Deneche <adene...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: Empty parquet file creation and use in Drill
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 05:08:08 GMT
Drill used to create such empty parquet files, but we would get an
exception when we try to query them (DRILL-3635
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3635>).

Drill's current behavior when you do a CTAS with a LIMIT 0 query is to not
write anything to disk, then when you try to query the table you would get
a "table not found" error message.

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer