drill-dev mailing list archives

From John Omernik <j...@omernik.com>
Subject Re: Help in Drill
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 13:42:55 GMT
When you say you have your own in memory database, is it a distributed in
memory database?  Is it something you wrote? Is it a frame work running on
something like Alluxio? If it's distributed, you could write a storage
plugin for it, and allow Drill to query it in a distributed fashion.  If
it's not distributed, you could run Drill in embedded mode and still write
a storage plugin to query it (but losing some of the distributed power of
drill).  If your in memory database has JDBC bindings, you may be able to
use the JDBC storage plugin to connect to it it, that will take some
testing and may come up with issues but they should be fixable.  To really
help you, there needs to be more information.  As to being confused about
the Drill functionality, I found that reading through the docs here:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/drill-introduction/ can be very helpful.

Happy Drilling!