drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Getting back on Calcite master: only a few steps left
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 05:54:26 GMT
Hey All,

I've been working on rebasing and tracking all the necessary commits that
are on the Drill Calcite fork so that we can get back onto master. The
current working branch is here: [1]. It includes the following commits

[CALCITE-1148] Fix RelTrait conversion (e.g. distribution, collation),
added test cases. (Minji Kim) #77def4a
[CALCITE-991] Create separate FunctionCategories for table functions and
macros (Julien Le Dem) #b1c203d
[CALCITE-1149] Derive AVG’s return type by a customizable policy (Sudheesh
Katkam) #18882cd
[CALCITE-1151] Overriding the SqlSpecialOperator#createCall method given
the usage by CompoundIdentifierConverter (Sudheesh Katkam) #2320c7f
[CALCITE-1108] Don't use 'SumEmptyIsZero' (SUM0) window aggregate until
CALCITE-777 is fixed. (Aman Sinha) #13466fa
[CALCITE-1107] Make SqlSumEmptyIsZeroAggFunction constructor public.
(Jinfeng Ni) #b6c3178
[CALCITE-1106] Expose Constructor for ProjectJoinTransposeRule. (Aman
Sinha) #d169c37
[CALCITE-1105] Add return type-inference strategy for arithmetic operators
when one of the arguments is ANY type. (Aman Sinha) #df818c9
[CALCITE-1150] Add DynamicRecordType and the concept of unresolved star
(Jinfeng Ni) #29c7771
[CALCITE-1152] Small ANY type fixes (Mehant Baid) #31efdda
[CALCITE-528] Ensure uniquification is done in a case aware way according
to type system and catalog policies. (Jacques Nadeau) #5a3d854

Many commits, listed below, don't have tests right now so I'd like to get
people to raise their hand and work on tests for each of the commits.

[...]

Also note that there are currently 15 tests failing in this Calcite branch
that I haven't yet tracked down.

org.apache.calcite.test.SqlToRelConverterTest (10 tests)
org.apache.calcite.test.JdbcTest (2 tests)
org.apache.calcite.test.RelOptRulesTest.txt (1 test)
org.apache.calcite.test.SqlValidatorTest.txt (1 test)
org.apache.calcite.rel.rel2sql.RelToSqlConverterTest (1 test)

Note that I also reworked the Schema changes items so that they don't have
any impact on code paths unless the system returns a DynamicRecordType.
Once we get these changes looking good, we can move to making small
modifications in the Drill codebase to use this new record type.

Can people raise their hands to confirm they will be able to write tests
cases for issues they own?

thanks,
Jacques

[1] https://github.com/jacques-n/incubator-calcite/tree/calcite-drill-2