drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Time for the 1.6 Release
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 16:04:45 GMT
I've posted DRILL-4465 for review (Calcite integration cleanup) and would
like to include it in the release if others are amenable. As I mentioned,
it isn't a functional change but does set the groundwork for my work on
moving off a Calcite fork.

It also seems like the following pull requests are pretty much ready to go
and we should try to include them:

DRILL-4452/pr 395 (Update Avatica Driver to latest Calcite)
DRILL-4332/pr 389 (Make vector comparison order stable in test framework)
DRILL-4449/pr 389 (Wrong results when metadata cache is used..)
DRILL-4416/pr 385 (quote path separator)
DRILL-3688/pr 382 (skip.header.line.count in hive)
DRILL-4411/pr 381 (hash join over-memory condition)
DRILL-4410/pr 380 (listvector should initiatlize bits...)
DRILL-4387/pr 379 (GroupScan should not use star column)
DRILL-4383/pr 375 (Allow custom configs for S3, Kerberos, etc)
DRILL-4184/pr 372 (support variable length decimal fields in parquet)

There a are a bunch of other pull requests that probably need to be cleaned
up since I think many are merged. For example, I thought Sudheesh's
DRILL-4069 (RPC thread offload by default) was merged but I still see the
PR open. Same with 3688 (skip.header.line.count in hive).

thanks,
Jacques

--
Jacques Nadeau