drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Questions about Event Loop Groups
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 20:19:00 GMT
We should probably have three main categories with a thread group for each.
Generally, the second and third can probably be very small:

Bit <> Bit (Data)
Data Client, DataServer

Bit <> Bit (Control)
ControlServer, ControlClient

Bit <> User
User Client, User Server

For the question with regards to control client/server, I believe we still
use a peer to peer approach for the control channel (unless we deprecated
this). As such, whomever creates the connection first is a ControlClient
but messages can be sent either direction. So no, I don't think you can
remove the handle method. This is different than the data channel where I
believe our behavior is to establish different sockets for each direction
of communication.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio