drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject epoll disconnections?
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2016 16:57:48 GMT
Hey All,

If I recall correctly, many months ago Sudheesh discovered that we were
having instability in RPC connections in some situations due to bugs in the
epoll implementation that are fixed in a later version of Netty (~4.0.31?).
At the time, we shelved switching Netty because it also changed the memory
caching behavior (same thread to all thread) which seemed like a high risk
change. I thought that as part of this we decided the safest change was to
disable epoll RPC in our distribution. However, reviewing drill-env, it
doesn't look like we do this. See here [1].

Thoughts?

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/distribution/src/resources/drill-env.sh#L19
--