drill-dev mailing list archives

From Aman Sinha <amansi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove required type
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 16:03:47 GMT
While it is true that there is code complexity due to the required type,
what would we be trading off ?  some important considerations:
  - We don't currently have null count statistics which would need to be
implemented for various data sources
  - Primary keys in the RDBMS sources (or rowkeys in hbase) are always
non-null, and although today we may not be doing optimizations to leverage
that,  one could easily add a rule that converts  WHERE primary_key IS NULL
to a FALSE filter.