drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for the 1.6 Release
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2016 07:07:16 GMT
I've summarized the list of JIRs below.
The first set of pull requests is under review (or have some reviewer
assigned).
The second set contains pull requests that need review. We need committers
to review these. Please volunteer or these will not be able to make it into
the release.
The third set is Jira's that do not have a patch and/or should not be
included because they require deeper scrutiny.
I'm hoping we can finalize the list of PRs that can be reviewed by Friday
morning and possibly *finalize the list of issues to be included by Friday
end of day* so please take some time to review the PRs.
Also note that the QA team has offered to do sanity testing once we decide
on the final commit to be included, before the release candidate is rolled
out, which helps with the release candidate moving forward smoothly.

Here's the list -

*Committed for 1.6 -*
DRILL-4281/pr 400 (Drill should support inbound impersonation)
DRILL-4372/pr 377(?) (Drill Operators and Functions should correctly expose
their types within Calcite.) - Waiting for Aman to review.
DRILL-4313/pr 396  (Improved client randomization. Update JIRA with
warnings about using the feature ) Sudheesh to review.
DRILL-3488/pr 388 (Java 1.8 support) Hanifi to review
DRILL-4437 (and others)/pr 394 (Operator unit test framework). Parth to
review
DRILL-4384 - Query profile is missing important information on WebUi -
Marked as resolved. Patch not applied?

*Need review -*
DRILL-4465/pr 401 (Simplify Calcite parsing & planning integration)
DRILL-4375/pr 402 (Fix the maven release profile)
DRILL-4452/pr 395 (Update Avatica Driver to latest Calcite)
DRILL-4332/pr 389 (Make vector comparison order stable in test framework)
DRILL-4449/pr 389 (Wrong results when metadata cache is used..)
DRILL-4416/pr 385 (quote path separator)
DRILL-4411/pr 381 (hash join over-memory condition)
DRILL-4410/pr 380 (listvector should initiatlize bits...)
DRILL-4387/pr 379 (GroupScan should not use star column)
DRILL-4383/pr 375 (Allow custom configs for S3, Kerberos, etc)
DRILL-4184/pr 372 (support variable length decimal fields in parquet)
DRILL-4069/pr 352 Enable RPC thread offload by default
DRILL-4120 - dir0 does not work when the directory structure contains Avro
files - Partial patch available.

*Not included (yet) - *
DRILL-3149 - No patch available
DRILL-4441 - IN operator does not work with Avro reader - No patch available
DRILL-3745/pr 399 - Hive char support - New feature - Needs QA - Not
included in 1.6
DRILL-3623 - Limit 0 should avoid execution when querying a known schema.
(Need to add limitations of current impl). Intrusive change; should be
included at beginning of release cycle.

*Others -*
DRILL-2517   - Already resolved.
DRILL-3688/pr 382 (skip.header.line.count in hive). - Already merged. PR
needs to be closed.

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Vicky Markman <vmarkman@maprtech.com> wrote:

> You are welcome, Jacques.
>
> Vick*y *:)
>
> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com> wrote:
>
> > I just realized that we didn't merge the broken profile patch (thanks
> > Vicki). We should get it merged as well.
> >
> > DRILL-4384
> >
> > --
> > Jacques Nadeau
> > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >
> > On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Jason Altekruse <
> altekrusejason@gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > I should have merged this sooner but we will need this patch that I had
> > > applied to the 1.5 release branch. The change is small and fixes a
> build
> > > problem that only appears when running the maven release profile.
> > >
> > > https://github.com/apache/drill/pull/402

> parquet

> planning
> > > issue