drill-dev mailing list archives

From Lee Butts <lee.bu...@mahifx.com>
Subject Access to where clause in a FormatPlugin
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 02:59:47 GMT
Hi,

I'm having a go at adding a format plugin to Drill and would like to be
able to access the where clause of a running query in order to skip through
a large data file (currently our data files are in 1 hour chunks and can be
hundreds of MBs).

In my use case the where clause would contain a "between" clause that I
could use to skip/filter rows based on a timestamp column.

I can't see anywhere in the various contexts that a format plugin has
access to that the query AST or something similar is held.

Is that something that drill could ever support?

thanks

Lee

[image: MahiFX] <https://mahifx.com/>

Lee Butts
Technology
Level 3, 50 Victoria Street
Christchurch 8013
New Zealand
Mobile: +64 226 908315
Skype: leemahifx

<https://www.facebook.com/mahifx>   <https://twitter.com/mahiforex>
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxCiKv8XEM8GATA8kFFqsAw>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/mahifx>
<https://mahifx.com/blog/feed.xml>   <https://plus.google.com/+Mahifx/posts>

[image: MFX Compass] <http://mfxcompass.mahifx.com/>

--

------------------------------

*IMPORTANT NOTICE*: MahiFX Limited (*MahiFX*), (company no. 2446590) is
registered in New Zealand. MahiFX is authorised and regulated by the
Australian Securities and Investment Commission ARBN 152 535 085, AFSL
414198. This email, its attachments and any rights attaching hereto are
confidential and intended exclusively for the person to whom the email is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, copy,
disclose or use the contents in any way. Please notify the sender by return
email and destroy the email and attachments immediately. MahiFX does not
accept any liability for any changes made to this email or attachments
after sending by MahiFX. You must scan this email and attachments for
viruses. The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of MahiFX. MahiFX
accepts no liability for any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by
our own negligence or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of
this email and attachments.

For more information about MahiFX Limited see mahifx.com.