drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.5.0 RC2
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 00:40:25 GMT
Hey Sudheesh,

I just pushed Venki's fix for the Web UI issue to the master branch.

My fix for the build issue I ran into when trying to prepare the release is
a fair point. The change only has a very limited impact on the build, and
only changes the result when running a release itself. I should have been
better communicating the change that was made, I have the posted an update
on the JIRA I filed to do a follow-up investigation of the problem [1]. I
didn't include it on m merge branch with Venki's change, but I will post it
shortly associated with this new JIRA [2] for review and kick off the tests
with the change rebased.

As far as 4235 is concerned, I would like the release to be as stable as
possible, but the release has taken quite a long time to get to vote. This
issue was filed at the end of December, and was fixed just 4 days ago, with
no comment on the previous release thread about including the fix in the
release. I fully support making queuing a first-class feature of Drill, but
we need to add automated tests for it if we want it to stay stable.

I'm open to discussion on the topic, but I'm not sure we should delay the
release further for it.

- Jason

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4336
[2] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-4375