drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: Need to add new session settings for Drill-MapRDB plugin
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 00:29:40 GMT
We should use the SELECT WITH OPTIONS framework for these options. We're in
the process of deprecating session level options for changing table reading
options. (Otherwise views can fail for one person and not another, results
change and you can combine two different options for different tables in
the same query.)

This also has the nice side effect of not needing to add options for code
outside the core codebase.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio