drill-dev mailing list archives

From Parth Chandra <par...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Client Load-balancing and Session Stickiness
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:11:54 GMT
With a client connection pool, there is no good (and easy) way to provide
session stickiness.

We could try to introduce the idea of a cluster wide session, but that is
going to be hairy. Th other option, localizing it to a client is for the
client to maintain session settings and setting them explicitly for every
connection in the pool. Neither is ideal or, in my opinion, worth the
effort.

I've been running some experiments on whether connection pooling improves
query distribution (with Tableau) and I'll share those on the JIRA.

I don't think we should allow connection pooling as a default option ever,
unless the end user insists on it.

Parth