drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.5 release?
Date Thu, 28 Jan 2016 19:23:52 GMT
Hi Aman,

This is the failure that he was seeing. He figured out that the new
exclusions in jdbc-all were not being respected when the build was run with
an older Maven version, causing the jar size to increase significantly. He
added an enforcer to make sure the JAR didn't grow unexpectedly. Can you
try to update your maven version and re-run the build?

- Jason

On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 11:18 AM, Aman Sinha <asinha@maprtech.com> wrote:

> Jacques, I am getting the following build failure on the latest master
> branch...is this what you saw for the Apache build ?  My mvn version output
> is shown below.  Should we all be upgrading to a newer mvn ?
>

> [INFO] --- maven-enforcer-plugin:1.3.1:enforce
> (enforce-jdbc-jar-compactness) @ drill-jdbc-all ---
> [WARNING] Rule 0: org.apache.maven.plugins.enforcer.RequireFilesSize failed
> with message:
> The file drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is outside the expected size
> range.
>
>                   This is likely due to you adding new dependencies to a
> java-exec and not updating the excludes in this module. This is important
> as it minimizes the size of the dependency of Drill application users.
>
> /Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
> size (44664121) too large. Max. is
>
> 20000000/Users/asinha/incubator-drill/exec/jdbc-all/target/drill-jdbc-all-1.5.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
>

> Administrators-MacBook-Pro-144:incubator-drill asinha$ mvn --version
> Apache Maven 3.0.5 (r01de14724cdef164cd33c7c8c2fe155faf9602da; 2013-02-19
> 05:51:28-0800)
> Maven home: /opt/local/share/java/maven3
> Java version: 1.7.0_45, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home:
> /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.9.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
>
> On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 8:20 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Build back to normal. It looks like the Apache server was using an old
> > version of Maven. Once I switched to something more recent, the build
> > passed.
> >
> > --
> > Jacques Nadeau
> > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hmm... this merge caused the Apache build to fail. Investigating...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jacques Nadeau
> > > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

> once