drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Time for a 1.5 release?
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2016 20:17:09 GMT
I am working on a fix for Drill-4203 that I would like to have included in
1.5. A user trying to read dates out of a Drill produced parquet file from
spark was getting back incorrect data. Unfortunately we have been writing a
non-standard format for dates that we have just been reading correctly in
our implementation. I am working on correcting the dates automatically if
we know that the file was written by Drill. Will be opening a discussion on
the parquet list as well to see if they would be okay with including the
workaround in parquet-mr so other libraries could read the old files
correctly as well.