drill-dev mailing list archives

From Abdel Hakim Deneche <adene...@maprtech.com>
Subject Why DataServer doesn't propagate exceptions back to sender
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 23:57:18 GMT
Looking at DataServer.send() when we hit an IOException or a
FragmentSetupException we log the error and return a FAILED acknowledgment
to the sender. The query fails and displays a generic "Data not accepted
downstream" message instead of the real exception.

Is there a specific reason we do it this way ? Why not just throw an
exception and let the RPC layer propagate the root cause to the sender ?

Thanks

--

Abdelhakim Deneche

Software Engineer