drill-dev mailing list archives

From rahul challapalli <challapallira...@gmail.com>
Subject Classpath scanning & udfs
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 00:32:03 GMT
Before 1.2, my udfs project contained an empty drill-override.conf file and
I used to update the drill-override.conf on all the drillbits to specify
the package of my UDF. This is no longer working for me. I tried a few
things and below is how my drill-override.conf file looks now

drill.classpath.scanning.packages : ${?drill.classpath.scanning.packages} [
org.apache.drill.udfs ]
drill.exec: {
  cluster-id: "rahul_cluster_com-drillbits",
  zk.connect: "localhost:5181"
}

When I restart the drillbits, I get this strange error " Caused by:
com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonMappingException: Could not resolve type
id 'hbase' into a subtype of [simple type, class
org.apache.drill.common.logical.StoragePluginConfig]"

If I moved the package information to the drill-module.conf in my udf's
project, then things are working fine. However this requires re-compiling
the udfs which is not desirable. Is there any other way around this ?

- Rahul