drill-dev mailing list archives

From "Ghosh, Kalyan" <Kalyan.Gh...@bkfs.com>
Subject Apache Drill 1.4 and TDE
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:27:32 GMT
Hi,
Can Apache Drill 1.4 query Hive external tables where the HDFS is encrypted by TDE?

Querying Hive from drill-embeded, I get this error:

09:15:05.155 [ingestsvc:task-delegate-thread] ERROR o.a.hadoop.hdfs.KeyProviderCache - Could
not find uri with key [dfs.encryption.key.provider.uri] to create a keyProvider !!
Error: SYSTEM ERROR: IOException: No KeyProvider is configured, cannot access an encrypted
file

Fragment 1:2

[Error Id: 583d0eda-6e6a-4259-8541-59b9f9a82635 on localhost:31010] (state=,code=0)

Any direction would be appreciated.

by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.