drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Altekruse <altekruseja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Drill 1.3 Timing: Let's start the vote next week
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 02:22:50 GMT
I have posted a PR for the Drill side of my work to get us off of the
parquet fork. The issue Jacques linked was previously closed when we got
our fork back in sync with master, but we hadn't actually gotten merged
back in, as such I have created a new JIRA. I have gone through a long
review cycle with Julien to work our ByteBuffer modifications into Parquet
mainline and he is ready to merge the branch as soon as I have a successful
run of the Drill regression suite (hopefully within the hour). If you are
available to review the changes to the Drill code needed to support the
small API changes after integrating our work back into mainline please see
the JIRA below.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Jim Scott <jscott@maprtech.com> wrote:

> DRILL-3423 pull request is in.
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey All,
> > Would like to start the vote today or tomorrow. I still would like to
> get a
> > few straggling patches in if possible.
> >
> > I'm hoping the following issues get closed out today:
> >
> > DRILL-971 (CSV Headers)
> > DRILL-3963 (Sequence File)
> > DRILL-1410 (Parquet fork)
> > DRILL-3793 (RecordIterator)
> > DRILL-3796 (Fix wrong result in merge join)
> >
> > I also saw an apparent regression in MSSQL plugin functionality so I'll
> be
> > taking a quick look at that.
> >
> > I know that Jim was also looking at the HTTPD format plugin (DRILL-3423)
> so
> > I'm holding out hope that he has an updated (and mergeable patch) today.
> >
> > Any last things we'd like to get in before we generate a release
> candidate?
> >
> > thanks,
> > Jacques
> >

> > --
> > Jacques Nadeau
> > CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Jacques Nadeau <jacques@dremio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Great, thanks for you flexibility!
> > >
> > > I think this will be very helpful to the people struggling with some of
> > > the jdbc issues right now.
> > >
> > > One other nice thing is that this will get Julien's changes out to
> users.
> > > It wasn't mentioned in the jira but his changes should make embedded
> mode
> > > startup 2-3 seconds faster.

> beginning

> provided