drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Drill 1.3.0 (rc0)
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 17:42:26 GMT
It seems like we have four potentially show stopping issues at the moment:

DRILL-4042: Windows build doesn't include right version of Hadoop
dependencies
DRILL-3480: Random message propagation timeouts
DRILL-4041: Reference count issue
DRILL-4046: Performance regression for some TPCH queries

Proposed next steps:

DRILL-4042 has a clear fix and reproduction. Patrick, do you think can have
a fix up for this shortly?

For the 3480 & 4041, consistent reproductions are missing. It would be
great if everybody could try to help find reproductions to these issues. I
think we should take stock again at the end of the day to decide next steps
and whether we want to hold the release for these.

For 4046: I've heard that there are some performance regressions around a
couple of queries but the current symptoms don't make a lot of sense. I'd
like to collect some more data here and then decide next steps.

Let's see if we can get repros for each of the inconsistent issues and
check in again EOD.

thanks,
Jacques

--