drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jacques Nadeau <jacq...@dremio.com>
Subject Re: comparing drill and presto
Date Fri, 13 Nov 2015 18:24:41 GMT
You're asking a community of Drill experts so we know Drill a lot better
than we know Presto.  Drill is focused on a couple of things:

- Extreme flexibility: for example being able to read json & mongo with no
upfront setup or sampling required.
- Extreme performance: runtime compilation, off-heap memory management, etc.

The Drill website covers both of these more eloquently than I would so I
suggest you look there for more detail on Drill's killer capabilities
around both of these categories.

I remember this perf bakeoff from a while ago: (much older versions of both
tech): http://allegro.tech/2015/06/fast-data-hackathon.html

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio