drill-dev mailing list archives

From Julian Hyde <jul...@hydromatic.net>
Subject Re: Apache Drill
Date Sat, 17 Oct 2015 16:55:23 GMT
Seems to me the biggest problem is to make drill understand the nested structure of an xml
document. That work has been done for json, so let's build on it. Suppose there was a translator
that converted xml to json (adding attributes for things that json lacks, such as namespaces,
text, element tags). Drill knows how to handle json, even if it is a bit verbose. The translator
could be applied on the fly.

Julian

Sent from my iPad