drill-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Scott <jsc...@maprtech.com>
Subject DRILL-3423
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:48:25 GMT
Jacques, or anyone else that can answer...

The httpd log parser has a unique capability to be able to parse out fields
in a query string by specifying an asterisk.

I would like to enable this capability within the plugin, but I want to
verify that there will not be any weird effects based on certain situations.
e.g.
When parsing out field HTTP.URI:request.firstline.uri.query.<PARAM_NAME>
where PARAM_NAME is identified by an asterisk the parser will pull out each
name for drill to work with the data. In the code, if I come across a field
like this and add a new column of data will this cause any issues?

to be more specific... 1 line in one file has a unique PARAM_NAME and it
gets added at some arbitrary point, will Drill be ok with this? I would
normally assume YES, however, I don't want to go back in later and fix this
if the answer is NO :-)

Thanks!
Jim